- How Open Can a School Be?
- What really happened at PyCon 2013
- PyCon’s Code of Conduct: The Next Step
- Lightning Talk: Abolishing the traditional high school structure
- A Gittip Milestone: $100k per year in distributions
- Balloon Ninja: Wrapping Up
- Dealing with Bullying: An effective approach
- Balloon Ninja: Kittens!
- Balloon Ninja: A better scoring system
- Balloon Ninja: Start Screen and Game Over
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Ever was born in March of 2011, and we made a point to start reading with him as soon as we brought him home from the hospital. At first reading with him was easy, because it didn’t matter what we … Continue reading
While working on a django project recently, I had to remove all the .pyc files before running syncdb. These are the kinds of commands I want to know well: find . -name “*.pyc” type -f | xargs rm -f This … Continue reading
I made Erin a Valentine’s Day gift using Shapeways. One of our favorite meals is fresh bread with olive oil and brie, and a bottle of wine. So I designed an olive oil dipping dish with a recessed heart to … Continue reading
There is a significant inefficiency in the education world, with a fairly straightforward fix. The problem is simple: every educator writes lesson plans of some kind, and almost everyone does so using word processing software. There are important, non-obvious inefficiencies … Continue reading
I am finally trading in my old Samsung Solstice for an iPhone, so I saved all my old phone pictures onto my computer for the first time. Here are the highlights from the last ten months.